The New England Journal of My Ass

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What's Left of the Germs are playing twice this summer...

...and their first Chicago stop will be at the Double Door.

It is my wish that Shane West, the young actor playing Darby Crash both in the upcoming film "What We Do is Secret" in addition to playing Darby Crash on this tour, will take his method acting to new levels while playing at this hokey rocknroll club.

I hope Darby hisself comes into his body and makes him take a runny heroin crap all over the soundboard. I hope they get banned from the Double Door for all the right reasons. If they do this, I will make a point to see them in August at the Beat Kitchen, for it will mean that, live, they still got it, and just like those middle-aged dudes who go see the Stones every couple years and like to yak and yak about how Mick and Keith "still got it," I too will brag to all the t-shirt punks at Columbia that yes, the Germs still got it after all these years.